Monday, May 19, 2008

Style Profile...Dario Spadea Pandolfi, Milan




Dario Spadea Pandolfi

Job?
Cesare Attolini Executive

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
My grand father and my father says always: The elegance is something that must be whispered and not shouted

Style icons?
If in the past, men like Duke of Windsor, Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, the Kennedy or Giovanni Agnelli set the trands in matter of elegance. The trendsetters of today are the international designers and young actors and artists. Think about the architect Rem Koolhaas, or Jeremy Irons, mixed with the street rappers. Many of them are propositional toward a new and intelligent way of dressing that needs to be elaborated and customized in the detailsand go on, the new dandy people like Manfredi Della Gherardesca or the young generation from good and noble family like Raphael Abascal Medina Duke of Feria who has attitude and elegance since they were bornor people from fashion system like Mario Sorrenti.

Describe your personal style
Sunglasses: Persol
Shirts: Cesare Attolini
Polo shirts: Lacoste
Knitwear: Cashmere made in Scotland
Denim jeans: Levis 501 col. White or denim.
Jacket: Cesare Attolini
Suit: Cesare Attolini
Watches: Omega or Swatch
Umbrella: Mario Talarico - Napoli
Gloves: Mario Portolano - Napoli
Shoes: Churcs, John Lobb, Alden, Car shoes
Fashion shoes: YSL
Sport shoes: New Balance, Nike

I build my daily look around?
My humor

Personal Style quirk?
A touch of navy blue

Most cherished item?
Travel luggage set by Goyard Paris

I feel best wearing?
A Cesare Attolini suit!

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist?s outfit ...
How they match the colors and the proportion of the items they are wearing.

I always break this fashion rule.
The birth of fashion stylist and designers in the 80s and 90s had totally changed the way of thinking: Fashion shows started to set the rules, men became more fashionist. Its not like that anymore. I seem to feel embarrassed in wearing fashion clothes; I claim my own role, reviving the value of mens clothing embellished by personal researches, never banal nor ridiculous.
I dont want to be fashionable; I want to be admired for my styleSartorial and customized style!

Never caught wearing?
Short white socks!

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
The socks!

Dress to impress who?
Nobodymyself!

Shine your own shoes?
Not often!

Shoetrees?
Round

Favorite stores?
Milan- Antonia Uomo
Riccione- Nick & Sons
Arezzo- Sugar
Tokyo- United Arrows
Paris- Old England & L'claireur
NY- Bergdorf Goodman

Your next "must have" purchase?
Custom made sandals from Island of Capri

I skimp when buying ...
T-Shirts

Favorite item of clothing
Shoes

Guilty pleasure
Shoes and bags

Cologne, skincare?
Cologne:
Black Tie by Washington Tremlett
10 Capri by Carthusia
Caron Pour Homme by Caron

Skincare:
Nickel for Men Manhattan/West Village NY
The Art of Shaving - NY

Most stylish city?
Paris, NY and Tokyo

When I was high school I wore?
UniformIt was a Private Catholic School

Sports?
Equitation

Favorite fashion magazine?
L'UOMO VOGUE, POSH

Favorite vacation spot?
Island of Capri Campania
Island of Salina -Sicily

Favorite neighborhood restaurant?
Milan:
Fingers Via Gerolamo Emiliani
Osteria La Voliera Via Crema

Read More...

[Source: The Sartorialist]