Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On the Street....About Color, About Line, NYC


I love the fact that I have been able to use some of the "real people" I have met while doing this blog for recent advertising jobs I have shot lately.

This is Julie, you might recognize her from the Absolut ad to your left.

Julie doesn't have a huge or expensive wardrobe. Most of her items would be in the price range of the average reader of this blog and I bet a very large percentage of her wardrobe is vintage or second-hand pieces.

What Julie does very well is find the right, dramatic pieces that really pull the whole look together.

The look above is not about any designer items but all about her great use of color(the beret is perfect) and the silhouette that she creates with those wide-legged jeans. Julie is actually very tiny, maybe 5'1" but she creates a very long line with those jeans, doesn't she?

These are the kind of images and inspiration that I am most proud of posting on The Sartorialist

Read More...

[Source: The Sartorialist]